What is ozone?
Ozone is a gas consisting of three atoms of oxygen. It has a fresh smell of air after the storm and light blue color. It is non-flammable, however it might keep the burning process alive. It is well dissolved in water and impermanent.
It is naturally produced in earth's atmosphere, as well as by special devices, like our ozone generators . Ozone made by our generators reacts with organic substances (mould, other fungi, viruses, germs, allergens) and destroys them completely.
While disintegrating, ozone releases oxygen molecule, which neutralizes chemical compounds, by rejoining with them. This is, what we call ozonization, which gives clean, fresh air free from any viruses, bacteria and other compounds dangerous to human health. Ozonization not only disinfects the air, but also removes odour and all bad smells.
It was established that ozone kills bacteria 50 times more effectively and 300 times faster than chlorine. Even little concentration of ozone kills all bacteria, viruses, fungus, etc. in a few minutes.
Is ozone toxic?
Its intense smell is perceptible even at 0,02-0,05 ppm concentrations, but it is dangerous only when the concentrations are above 0.08 ppm in the inhalated air for eight hours. This norm applies in the U.S., Canada and most European countries. Therefore, it is very important for the ozonizing operations to be performed by trained staff.
Ozonization efficiently removes:
- Mould and other fungi - ozone permanently destroys fungi, fungal mycelia and spores dangerous to the health of people staying in their environment. Purifies moulded walls and removes unpleasant musty odour.
- Mites - dangerous to health, cause the attacks of asthma, allergies, weakness - completely removed by ozone concentrations above 0.05 ppm.
- Micro-organisms - They disappear even from minute quantities of ozone, so there is no risk of bacterial infection, severe diseases, rotting food and the unpleasant odour.
- Pollen - Oxygen released during decomposition of ozone neutralizes pollen and its influence on human health, preventing the occurrence of allergy, irritation of the throat, nose, eyes.
- Cigarette odour - Contains chemical compounds dangerous to human health; ozone oxidizes these compounds to less harmful ones, removing the smell of nicotine. It neutralizes the smell of cigarettes in furniture, walls and car upholstery.
- Cyclic compounds - Used as organic solvents for varnishes and paints. Hazardous to health, carcinogenic. Ozonizing causes decomposition of the carbon ring and oxidization of the resulting simple compounds to carbon dioxide, water and oxides of elements included in the derivatives.